Monday, September 8, 2008

Shrimp Tikka with Mango Chutney, Coriander and Cilantro Flatbreads with Raita

VEW

This is FANTASTIC. So good, so fast. It is perfect as written, but when I want to make it even faster, I skip the skewering/grilling of the shrimp and just throw the whole batch in a frying pan and cook it up.


The flatbreads (pictured above) are so tasty and easy! I have made them one at a time in a frying pan, but tonight I made the whole batch at once on my griddle and they were great. Please try this if you have even a small affinity for Indian food. It is one of my favorites.
Oh, one more thing. I am usually die-hard about making everything homemade, but as good mangoes are generally hard to find where I live, I have used a mango chutney that a local farm makes instead of making my own and the recipe doesn’t suffer one bit. Enjoy!

No comments: