Saturday, September 13, 2008

Swiss Chard and Ricotta Ravioli

VEW
This is a nice mellow recipe and a great way to incorporate Swiss Chard into a meal if you find yourself at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it (like me). A friend of mine who is a great cook made this as written and raved about it. I had extra time on my hands so I made pasta from scratch rather than use the store-bought wrappers the recipe suggests. Homemade pasta will never disappoint you and it really is very easy. It is a bit time consuming until you really get the hang out of, that is the only conceivable argument anyone could have with it. We have been enjoying making pasta for about 9 years now. I remember in the beginning we would make it with friends and we'd end up eating at 10pm. The meals were always fabulous, so it didn't seem to matter. These days the process is much faster, so if you're put off by the time factor, keep going! I will post more later on making fresh pasta as the comfort food season is almost upon us and what is better than pasta?

No comments: